- Access World News: Text-base current newspapers for Ohio. Remote access.
- African American Heritage: African-American Heritage. Remote access.
- American Ancestors: Includes vital records; focuses on New England area. Wooster library only.
- Ancestry Library Edition: Vital records, property, military, US Census, and much more. In-library use only.
- Fold3: Focuses on military records. Remote access.
- Heritage Quest Online: US Census Records, Directories, Serials, and much more. Remote access.
- Newspaper Archives: Includes area newspapers, including Akron, Massillon, Orrville, et al. Remote access.
- Reference Solutions: White and yellow pages. Remote access.
- Bureau of Land Management: Provides access to more than five million Federal land title records issued between 1788 and the present.
- Cyndi's List: Includes more than 300,000 links to genealogy websites. The links are categorized and cross-referenced.
- FamilySearch: Includes millions of digitized records. Search the global index or access images through the online catalog and the images.
- RB Hayes Obituary Index: Includes more than 3.7 million obituaries, death and marriage notices and other sources from the 1810s to the present day from more than 65 partner libraries, including the Wayne County (OH) Public Library.
- US GenWeb: Includes many text-based indexes and abstracts of records throughout the United States. The availability of information depends on the county of interest.
- The Daily Record Collection: Text-base and images for the Wooster Daily Record. Remote access.
- Wayne County Community Archive, Historical Newspaper Collection": Includes digitized images of Wayne County, Ohio newspapers beginning in 1836.
- Wayne County Democrat: Includes scatter digitized images from 1845-1891 and November 1913.
- Wayne County Genealogical Society: Includes information about the Wayne County Genealogical Society and digitized images of some newsletters.
- Wayne County Preservation Society: Although this society is no longer active, the website includes a master index of Wayne County burials, death records, and other tools to assist researchers.
- Wooster Daily News: Includes digitized images from 1913 and 1917-1920.
- Wooster Daily Republican: Includes digitized images from 1917-1920.
- Wayne County, Ohio Through the Years: Includes Wayne County, Ohio images added to the Ohio Memory Project.
The genealogy portal focuses on individuals who at one time resided in Wayne County, Ohio or who may have had some business or personal connection with the County.
Examine the history of Wayne County, Ohio and its many communities. You will find information on townships, towns and villages, buildings, organizations, military, churches, schools, and so much more.
Family run businesses are the start of any community. The organization section explores many of the businesses and non-profits here in Wayne County, many of which became nationally and internationally recognized.
What is the overall vision of the Wayne County, Ohio Online Resource Center? It is designed to serve as a collaborative project to provide a thorough and historical accurate record of Wayne County and its communities.
Do you need help navigating the Community History Wiki? Learn how the Wayne County, Ohio Online Resource Center is organized and some hints to improve search results.
Would you like to help add content to the Wayne County, Ohio Online Resource Center? You may inquire about becoming an editor and populate select pages. For those not interested in learning how to edit, you may send the library information to be added.