Morton Salt Company
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The following coordinate was not recognized: Geocoding failed.. ..
- Morton Salt Company
- Chemical Manufacturing
- Salt Mines
- 151 Industrial Ave, Rittman, Ohio, United States
During the winter of 1897-1898 representatives of the Wayne Salt Company were buying land and securing water rights in the vicinity of what became the Morton Salt Company's Rittman, Ohio Plant. In the spring of 1898 the name of the company was changed to The Ohio Salt Company and the first brine well was started the last week in May and was finished about eight weeks later. Founders were E. J. Young, Dr. N. S. Everhard, and their associates who previously had started The Ohio Injector Company and Ohio Match Company.
In January of 1948, The Ohio Salt Company was merged with the Morton Salt Company.
- 1898 - Spring, Name of the company was changed to The Ohio Salt Company
- 1948 - January, The Ohio Salt Company was merged with the Morton Salt Company
- 1911- When It Rains It Pours
- : "Morton Salt Began Crystalizing After Land Purchases In 1897" by Unknown, The Daily Record, p..