View Eagle House gallery.
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Eagle House
- Accommodation and Food Services
- Hotel, Stables
- March 29,1848
- Date unknown
- Stables for 100 horses
- General Stage office, seats secured in various lines of stages
- 1848 - March 29, Opened
- 1850, 1852, 1853 and 1859 City Directories
- 1883 - December, OBITUARY: Henry Leies, Sr., died at his home in Orrville Thursday of dropsy. Mr. Leies was for many years a citizen of Wooster, having been in the hotel business here as landlord of the old Eagle House, Washington House and until a few years ago was the proprietor of the Empire House (Wooster, Ohio), now known as Keister's Eastern House. In his capacity as landlord he became one of the best known men in the county, he was popular and entertaining as a host and a man noted for his large-hearted generosity. He leaves to sons and three daughters to mourn his loss. The remains were brought to Wooster Saturday afternoon and interred in Oak Hill cemetery at two o'clock Sunday p.m. Deceased was in his sixtieth year.
Newspaper Article Citations
- March 30, 1848: "Eagle House (formerly Wooster Hotel)" by Charles Howard, Wooster Democrat.
- March 29, 1849: "Eagle House (formerly Wooster Hotel)" by Charles Howard, Wooster Democrat, p. 1.
- Jacksonian, Wooster, Ohio. 1883 December 13, p. 4.