Wooster Community Hospital

From Wayne County, Ohio Online Resource Center
Jump to navigation Jump to search


Current Contact Information
Address 1761 Beall Ave
City, State, Zip Wooster, Ohio 44691
Phone Phone: (330) 263-8144
Last updated 2021-02


Wooster Community Hospital
Type Hospitals
Industry Health and Social Care
Fate Active
Founded Wooster, Ohio (January 21, 1907 (1907-01-21))
Headquarters 1761 Beall Ave., Wooster, Ohio, United States
Website www.woosterhospital.org

The Wooster Hospital

WoosterHospitalImage1914.PNG "The Hospital Company was organized and incorporated under the laws of the State of Ohio, January 21, 1907, by five of Wooster's leading physicians. The beautiful building, illustration of which appears was purchased from J. B. Taylor for a little over $8,000.00 and a like sum was added for the operating room and equipment. It is neatly furnished and made as homelike as possible.

Three hundred and sixty-eight patients were treated in 1913 and the Hospital is becoming more popular each year, due to the high efficiency of the Hospital board, of which Geo. W. Ryall is President, H. J. Stoll is Vice President, L. A. Yocum is Secretary and H. N. Mateer is Treasurer. Miss E. E. Armstrong is the Superintendent of the Hospital and Training. There are at present six nurses in training and the length of the course of training is three years.

The Hospital is certainly a credit to Wooster and has a large and fast growing clientele. [1]

Wooster Community Hospital

Locations

City Directories

  • 1928 Wooster Directory, Wooster Hospital, 407 N. Market St., Harry J. Stoll, p. 211, 225.
  • 1930 Wooster Directory, Wooster Hospital, 407 N. Market St., Harry J. Stoll, p. 216, 231.
  • 1932 Wooster Directory, Wooster Hospital, 407 N. Market St., Harry J. Stoll, p. 210, 225.

Comprehensive History

Slogans

Historical documents

"The Hospital Company was organized and incorporated under the laws of the State of Ohio, January 21, 1907, by five of Wooster's leading physicians. The beautiful building, illustration of which appears was purchased from J. B. Taylor for a little over $8,000.00 and a like sum was added for the operating room and equipment. It is neatly furnished and made as homelike as possible.

Three hundred and sixty-eight patients were treated in 1913 and the Hospital is becoming more popular each year, due to the high efficiency of the Hospital board, of which Geo. W. Ryall is President, H. J. Stoll is Vice President, L. A. Yocum is Secretary and H. N. Mateer is Treasurer. Miss E. E. Armstrong is the Superintendent of the Hospital and Training. There are at present six nurses in training and the length of the course of training is three years.

The Hospital is certainly a credit to Wooster and has a large and fast growing clientelle. [2]


Timeline

  • 1907 - January 21, Established by 5 of the leading physicians.

Gallery

Business Letterheads

Business Photos

Maps

Newspaper articles

Newspaper full-text articles

Newspaper ads

Newspaper citations with no attached images

References

  1. Wooster Progress. 1914, p. 31.
  2. Wooster Progress. 1914, p. 31.

What Links Here

External links