The Real Estate, Rental and Leases industry.... one of the long term real estate agents is Landes and Landes. Landes and Landes was started by Elmer S. Landes in 1905. The business was originally located over Frank Wells Drug Store. In 1907, Elmer's brother, Clarence Landes, joined the business. In the 1908-1909 Moore's Directory, the business is listed as Landis Reality Agency at 11 E. Liberty St. in Wooster, Ohio. Some early competitors of Landes and Landes included: James C. Fetzer, R. C. Flack, George W. Franks, E. Quimby, Jr. Estate and William C. Yost.
In 1894, the only real estate agent listed was McClellan & Sanborn. They were located on northeast side of the Public Square in Wooster, Ohio. Six years later, McClellan & Sanborn were no longer listed as a business. Those individuals in real estate included: J. F. Barrett, G. W. Spangler, J. G. Sanborn, John C. Talbot and E. Quinby Estate.