Orrville Church of Christ

From Wayne County, Ohio Online Resource Center
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Orville Church of Christ
Country United States
Denomination Church of Christ
History
Founded  Expression error: Unrecognized word "dd".,  YYYY (YYYY-MM-DD) - but see note below

Established

  • October 1902

Founded by

Denomination

Location

  • North Walnut Street, Orrville, Ohio
  • 314 North Main Street, Orrville, Ohio

Charter members

Historical documents

  • Church history

Ministers

Timeline

  • 1902 - October, Officially organized as the Orrville Church of Christ, Founded by Pastor W. L. Neal
  • 1905 - First full-time minister hired - A. M. Bird
  • 1924 - August 31, New brick building dedicated on same location, older frame structure torn down
  • 1936 - Rev. N.B. Crabtree served the congregation longer than any other minister, and was well know and loved in the community, as well as by members of the congregation.
  • 1937 - March, the congregation purchased a parsonage at 226 East Oak St. (1937-1974) where the ministers lived until it was sold in 1974
  • 1948 - June 5, began a radio program "Let There Be Light" on WWST from Wooster, Ohio