Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Notable members||Joseph Finley|
|Name origin and meaning||Scottish, "fair head"|
Name Meaning & Origin
- Congress Cemetery (Ohio, Wayne County, Congress Township) George William buried in the Congress Cemetery. He was 81 years, 2 months when he died 20 May 1852. Jane is also buried in the Congress Cemetery. She died on 29 February 1879 at the age of 88 years. She is buried with Hiram and Catharine Williams.
- Reedsburg Cemetery (Ohio, Wayne County, Plain Township, Reedsburg) Able to verify that Joseph Finley is buried in the Reedsburg Cemetery along with his wife Abigail.
- Census, United States, Ohio, Wayne County, Congress Township, 1850 Found George and Jane William. She was unable to locate Jane in the 1860 census
- Census, United States, Ohio, Medina County, Homer Township, 1860 Found her residing with the Samuel and Sarah Eshelman family in the 1860 United States Census for Homer Township, Medina County, Ohio.
- She was unable to find a written history on this particular Williams family.
- Unable to find an obituary on Joseph Finley. I looked through both the Wayne County Democrat and the Wooster Weekly Republican. The only mention I found was in the Wooster Weekly Republican and it indicates his name, age, and place of residence. I was able to verify that he is buried in the Reedsburg Cemetery along with his wife Abigail.
- Joseph Finley married Abby Premer on 21 March 1844. Following Abby/Abigail’s death, he married Ellen Campbell on 23 January 1886. In Joseph’s Probate Court record, it mentions his second wife Ellen. Marriage records, the burial record for Joseph Finley, select pages from Joseph’s Probate file, and some census records.