|Headquarters||Wooster, Ohio, United States|
|Number of locations||N. Portage St., 169 N. Portage St., Doylestown, Ohio|
|Parent||Wooster Public Library and Museum; Wayne County District Public Library; Wayne County Public Library|
Doylestown's first library began in 1936. It consisted of bushel baskets of books brought from Wooster by volunteers. Located in the basement of a grade school building, Doylestown officially became a branch in 1941.
In 1969, a two-year lease was signed on the rental of a store room of the Killian Building, on the south side of Main Street. A total of 8,000 volumes were moved in tomato crates to the new location.
The need for a new library in Doylestown was first presented in 1972. In September 1973, plans were approved for a new building. As more space was required, residents, local organizations and businesses worked together to raise money and build a new structure with donated materials and labor. The Wayne County Public Library paid for the interior furnishings as well as the book collection. This new building was dedicated in 1978 and became the Paullin Library Branch.
In 2001, a termite infestation was discovered that necessitated the moving of the Library's contents into "temporary" quarters in the basement meeting room of the Village Hall. Land was sought and the property where the Killian Building had once stood was purchased for a new building.
The new Doylestown building was completed in 2009.
- 1969: Killian building 159 N. Portage St., Doylestown, Ohio 44230
- 1978: 169 N. Portage St., Doylestown, Ohio 44230
- 2001: 169 N. Portage St., Doylestown, Ohio 44230
- 2009: 169 N. Portage St., Doylestown, Ohio 44230
- Miss Virginia Landes
- 1941 - Doylestown branch established in the basement of the Doylestown Middle School building.
- 1968 - Doylestown branch still house in basement of the Middle School. 
- 1969 - 8,000 volumes were moved in tomato crates to the new location at 159 N. Portage St., the Killian building
- 1978 - New building was dedicated and became the Paullin Library Branch.
- 2001 - A termite infestation was discovered that necessitated the moving of the library contents into "temporary" quarters in the basement meeting room of the Village Hall where it remained for 8 years.
- 2008 - Fall, Construction became on the new 5,200 square foot facility.
- 2009 - June 7, Opened to the public
Newspaper full-text articles
Newspaper citations with no attached images
- History of the Wayne County Public Library: a research paper submitted to the Kent State University Library School in partial fulfillment of the requirements for the degree of Master of Library Science, by Joyce A. McKnight. June, 1970, p. 61.