Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Downing Block
- Floor count
- Still standing
- 131 N. Market St.
Owners and Tenants
- William C. Downing July 25, 1867 - Purchased from Edward Avery executors Lucas Flattery and John C. McMillan, Charles I. Correll bought March 21, 1939 from surviving heirs of William C. Downing
- 1879 - William C. Downing contracts to build a 3-story brick building, 39ft wide by 58ft deep, for business purposes.
- 1879 - September 11, The Downing Block is moving along rapidly. Mr. Downing is more than pleased with the work done by the contractors. He is now laying a substantial sidewalk of Warren flagstone that cannot be excelled in the State. It will be the best business property that has been built in Wooster for some years. 
- 1924 - April 6, Fire damage to building
- M. R. Limb and Dr. H, C, Graham Dental Office
- W. G. Patterson office
- Wayne County Board of Health
- Justice / Police order / and Safety of the Peace
- L. B. Bolus
- Yeoman Lodge
- Mr. & Mrs. Taylor Miller (Apartment)
- March 12, 1879: "Local News", Wayne County Democrat, p. 3.
- April 07, 1924: "Woman, Trapped on Third Floor, is Carried to Safety as Flames Damage Downing Block" by Unknown, The Daily Record, p. 1.
Wayne County Recorder Property Transfers
- Wooster Republican, Wooster, Ohio. 1879 Sept. 11, p. 3.