Chippewa, Ohio

From Wayne County (OH) Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Historical Information[edit | edit source]

The village was surveyed by Daniel L. McClure for Stephen Ford in May of 1816. The plat is recorded May 15, 1816.

The first house was built by Captain John Routson of the Chippewa Rangers, father of Samuel Routson of Wooster.[1]

See Also[edit | edit source]

References[edit | edit source]

  1. Douglass, Ben. History of Wayne County, Ohio. Indianapolis: Robert Douglass Publisher, 1878. pg. 856.