528 N. Bever St., Wooster, Ohio
The wood frame house located at 528 N. Bever St. was likely built a little after 1892 by property owner Margaret H. Bruce. This house continued to be owned by members of Margaret Bruce's family for another 84 years. She desired and stated in her last will and testament that the house and lot was to be given to her sister, Mina J. Davidson, for her natural lifetime. Then at her sister's death, the house and lot were to be given to her sister's daughter, Margaret Bruce's niece, Margaret M. Davidson.
The family followed her wishes after her death in 1917: Mina J. Davidson owned the house and lot until her death in 1957 and then Margaret Davison (also known as Margaret Davidson) held the deed until her death in 1975. Margaret Davison gave the house and lot to her children, James B. Davison and Florence D. Spicer who sold it in 1976 and ended 84 years of family ownership.
Wayne County Recorder Property Transfers
- 1816: William Henry, Joseph H. Larwill, Abigail Larwill To John Bever Vol. 1 p.100 $1
- 1837: Last will and testament of John Bever deceased gave to daughter Mirtilla (Bever) Bowman married to James L. Bowman land containing 68 acres.
- Mirtilla Bowman To Jacob B. McKennan Trust Deed Vol. 50 p.242-244
- J.B. McKennan's Addition to the Town of Wooster: Plat of 30 outlots numbered 149-178 dated November 7, 1857.
- 1858: J. B. McKennan (mis-spelled McKinney) To Jacob Metz Vol. 48 p.352 Old Lot No.s 158, 165, 166, 167 $2,200 and 3 20/100
- 1859: Jacob Metz To Gotlieb Gasche Vol. 49 p.731 Old Lot No. 165 $775
- 1892: Gotlieb Gasche, Christena Gasche To Margaret H. Bruce Vol. 123 p.610 (after 1870 renumbering) northeast corner of Lot 1619 $450
- 1918: Margaret H. Bruce, deceased To Mina J. Davidson Vol. 180 p.100 northeast corner of Lot 1619 $0 Probate Court Certificate of Transfer
Note: Record of Wills Vol. 20 p.9 says Margaret Bruce gave to her sister, Mina J. Davidson, the house and lot for her natural life. At her sister's death, the house and lot are to be given to her sister's daughter, Bruce's niece, Margaret M. Davidson.
- 1975: Margaret Davison, AKA Margaret M. Davidson, deceased To James B. Davison, Florence D. Spicer, children Vol. 510 p.706 northeast corner of Lot 1619 $0
- 1976: James B. Davison, Margaret E. Davison (AKA Margaret M. Davidson), deceased To Phillip Williams, Carol Ann Williams Vol. 511 p.823,p.825 northeast corner of Lot 1619 $30 conveyance fee
- 1977: Phillip Williams, Carol Ann Williams To Kenneth W. Goings Vol. 526 p.100 northeast corner of Lot 1619 $72 conveyance fee
- 1989: Kenneth W. Goings To Thomas Gross, Suzanne S. Gross northeast corner of Lot 1619 or parcel 64-00384 $42,000
- 1994: Thomas Gross, Suzanne S. Gross To James D. Elser northeast corner of Lot 1619 or parcel 64-00384 $54,500