245 N. Buckeye St., Wooster, Ohio
Also Known As Building Name
- Yocum House
Built in 1915 by Bogner and Long, this building was originally the residence of the widowed Isabella A. Yocum. When she died, she left her property to Dr. J. R. Jameson. In 1939, the widowed Mrs. Eva Jameson sold the house to the Eagles Lodge.
In 1959, the Wayne County Commissioners purchased the building from the Eagles Lodge for $32,000 to be used as an annex to the county courthouse, making room for the county engineer's office, the welfare department, and other county offices.
In 2001, the building became home to The Brothers of the Annunciation of Mary, Queen of Angels Convent.
- 1915: House built
- 1939: House sold by Mrs. Eva Jameson to the Eagles Lodge
- 1959: Building sold to the Wayne County Commissioners
- Isabella A. Yocum
- Dr. J. R. Jameson
- Mrs. Eva Jameson
- Eagles Lodges
- Wayne County Commissioners
- The Brothers of the Annunciation of Mary
- 1962-1967: Wayne County Engineer Office, Wayne County Welfare, Wayne County Agriculture Extension Office
- 1970-1977: Wayne County Board of Education Services
- 1979: Wooster Wayne Legal Aid Society, Wayne Head Start, Every Woman's House, Wayne County CETA Employment Services
- 1981: Wayne Head Start Administration Office, Wayne County Legal Aid Society, Jaycee Chapter House and Hall Offices, Wayne County CETA Employment Services
- 1983: Wayne Head Start Administration Office, Wayne County Legal Aid Society, Wayne County CETA Employment
Wayne County Recorder Property Transfers