342 Nold Ave., Wooster, Ohio
The house popularly known as the veterinary Dr. William Derr, residence once located on the property at 342 Nold Ave. was built in 1859 by A. H. Pierson and his wife Agnes B. Pierson. It was later demolished along with the large barn Dr. Derr used as his veterinary clinic.
Mr. A. H. PIERSON erected with the past summer, a handsome two-story frame dwelling, of the Italian Bracketed style, on a very beautiful two-acre lot, in the north-east part of town. The location is very handsome, and is near the border of what was formerly known as the Bowman woods, but which is now all laid out in lots and much of it improved by building or other use. The size of Mr. P.'s house is 38 feet front by 64 feet back, the main building 24 feet back, and cost, exclusive of lot, 2,600. The interior is very conveniently arranged, and handsomely finished. The plan of the house is good, furnishing a large amount of room at a moderate expense. The workmanship reflects much credit on the Architect, MR. C. C. BAKER. The grounds in front of the building are to be planted with evergreens, &c., where Mr. P. will have as handsome and convenient a residence as a man need wish.—Author Unknown,
- November 03, 1859: "Wooster Improvements", Wooster Republican, p. 3.
- 1859-1866 the A. H. Pierson family
- 1866 Rebecca A. Smith
Wayne County Recorder Property Transfers
- 1816: William Henry, Joseph H. Larwill, Abigail Larwill To John Bever Vol. 1 p.100 $1
- 1837: Last will and testament of John Bever deceased gave to daughter Mirtilla (Bever) Bowman married to James L. Bowman land containing 68 acres.
- Mirtilla Bowman To Jacob B. McKennan Trust Deed Vol. 50 p.242-244
- J.B. McKennan's Addition to the Town of Wooster: Plat of 30 outlots numbered 149-178 dated November 7, 1857.
- 1866: A. H. Pierson, Agnes B. Pierson TO Rebecca A. Smith Vol. 68 p.60 Out-Lot #172 and east-half of #170 $6,500