Guidelines for Ordering Photocopied/Scanned Documents
- Please provide your full name and complete mailing address with each order.
- We ask that you limit each order for photocopied or scanned documents to no more than five items and submit only one order per month.
- If you would like your documents sent through email, please specify if you have a preference for pdf or jpg files.
- Try to be as specific as possible in your order, including sources you have already consulted and briefly describe what information you already have.
- Here are some examples of poorly written requests.
- Here are some examples of better engineered requests.
|Obituary requests||$1.00 per individual (includes postage)|
|Non-obituary requests (to be mailed)||$1.00 minimum fee + $0.25 per page + postage|
|Non-obituary requests (to be emailed)||$1.00 minimum fee + $0.25 per scan|
|Combination requests||$1.00 minimum fee + $0.25 per non-obituary copy + postage + $1.00 per obituary|
|USB drive||$7.00 flat fee. This includes the cost of the USB drive + postage|
Researchers may choose to prepay for research or remit payment when the information is received. We accept cash, checks, and money orders. Checks and money orders should be made payable to the Wayne County Public Library and send to:
- Wayne County Public Library
- Genealogy and Local History
- 304 N. Market St.
- Wooster, OH 44691
When researchers visit our department, all 8 1/2" x 11" and 8 1/2" x 14" black and white copies are $0.10 per page; 11" x 17" black and white copies are $0.20 per page. Color copies on 8 1/2" x 11" paper are $0.30 per page and 11" x 17" paper are $0.60. When saving images to a thumb drive, there is no cost for copies. Thumb drives are available for sale in the department or at the Circulation desk. Each thumb drive is $6 plus tax.
Our department accepts monetary donations. Also, we accept material pertaining to Wayne County, Ohio and vicinity. Please inquire within for more information.
No credit, debit cards or PayPal are accepted at this time.