Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Notable members||John Sr., John B. Jr., Elizabeth, Sarah, Rachel, Catherine, and Samuel Lorah|
Cemetery records[edit | edit source]
- We were able to verify the death dates of John Lorah and his wife Esther Bertolet Lorah. Both individuals are buried in the Wooster Cemetery in Section 3, Lot 116. Since they are buried in Wayne Co, there is a strong possibility they both died in Wayne County, Ohio.
Census records[edit | edit source]
- John Lorah, Sr. and his wife Esther were residing in Wayne County, OH in the 1830 and 1840 census. By the 1850 census, John Lorah, Sr. is deceased. Your great-great grandfather, John Lorah, Jr., his wife Elizabeth Huff Lorah, and their children are residing in Noble Twp, Defiance Co, OH by the 1850 census. They were residing in Defiance Co, OH in the 1860 and 1870 census, too.
Family histories[edit | edit source]
- In our family papers, we have a file on John Lorah, Jr. that indicates he died in Defiance Co, OH. These papers give some of the children’s dates, who they married, and the approximate date of marriage. One of the older boys, Samuel, was married to Catherine Gier here in Wayne County, OH on 19 Aug 1847. The other children were married in Defiance Co, OH. This information was verified by looking in the International Genealogical Index (IGI). Listed below are the other known children and their marriage information.
- Elizabeth Lorah & William Hammel married 4 Mar 1852
- Sarah Lorah & Henry Hoy married 18 Nov 1855
- Rachel Lorah & John Kuhn married 19 Mar 1863
- Catherine Lorah & Henry Huhn married 14 Dec 1865
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Since the family moved to Defiance Co, OH, I would recommend you contact the Defiance Public Library; 320 Fort St.; Defiance, OH 43512-2186; 419-782-1456; www.defiance.lib.oh.us or the Defiance County Chapter of OGS at email@example.com for more information.
Wills and Estates[edit | edit source]
- In addition, we have an estate file on John Lorah. It is file number L-39. The abstract indicates the estate was probated 4 December 1836. The administrator was John B. Lorah, Jr. His estate was valued at $1500.