524 N. Bever St., Wooster, Ohio
The house located at 524 N. Bever St. was likely built sometime between 1883 and 1890 by property owner Weston Peckinpaugh. It was added to the County Landmark Registry by the Wayne County Historical Society of Ohio as the Williams House and awarded the status of a "Pioneer House" in 1976 and was marked with a plaque.
Wayne County Recorder Property Transfers
- 1816: William Henry, Joseph H. Larwill, Abigail Larwill To John Bever R13-T15-S4 Vol. 1 p.100 $1
- 1837: Last will and testament of John Bever deceased gave to daughter Mirtilla (Bever) Bowman married to James L. Bowman land containing 68 acres of the SE QRT R13-T15-S4.
- Mirtilla Bowman To Jacob B. McKennan Trust Deed Vol. 50 p.242
- J.B. McKennan's Addition to the Town of Wooster: Plat of 30 outlots numbered 149-178 dated November 7, 1857.
- 1858: J. B. McKennan (mis-spelled McKinney) To Jacob Metz Vol. 48 p.352 Old Lot No.s 158, 165, 166, 167 $2,200 and 3 20/100
- 1859: Jacob Metz To Gotlieb Gasche Vol. 49 p.731 part of Old Lot No. 165 $775
- 1883: Christena Gasche To Weston F. Peckinpaugh Vol. 108 p.703 (after 1870 renumbering) part of Lot No. 1619 $750
- 1891: Weston F. Peckinpaugh To Mary L. Packer Vol. 121 p.427 part of Lot No. 1619 $2,700
- 1898: Mary L. Packer To Effie J. Clark Vol. 133 p.568 part of Lot No. 1619 $2,000
- 1966: Thelma Ungerer To Phillip D. Williams, Carol Ann Williams Vol. 527 p.33 part of Lot No. 1619 $28,909 according to $31.80 revenue stamp
- 1977: Carol Ann Williams To Tom A. Gross, Suzanne M. Gross Vol. 527 p.85 part of Lot No. 1619 $64,545 according to $71.00 revenue stamp
- 1999: Tom A. Gross, Suzanne M. Gross To Suzanne M Gross Trustee parcel 64-01885 or part of Lot No. 1619 transfer $0