Discover logos, letterheads, maps, ads, and photos.
Yergin's Exchange Hotel
Jump to navigation Jump to search
.. . .
- Yergin's Exchange Hotel
- Accommodation and Food Services
- Trading names
- Yergin Exchange Yergin Exchange Hotel
- Date unknown
- May 31,1859
- Key Persons
- Harvey H. Yergin, Bar Keeper
- W. Ross Yergin, Hotel Clerk
- Public Square
- 34 W. Liberty St., Wooster, 44691, Ohio General location of current PNC Bank Drive-thru</br>SOUTHWEST CORNER OF PUBLIC SQUARE</br>34. Yergin's Exchange Hotel, One door south of State Bank of Ohio West side of Public Square, Wooster, Ohio 44691
Built in the early 1830's and after William Yergin retired the building was eventually torn down by John Zimmerman in 1868.
SOUTHWEST CORNER OF PUBLIC SQUARE 34. Yergin's Exchange Hotel, One door south of State Bank of Ohio West side of Public Square, Wooster, Ohio 44691
- Groundbreaking: Early 1830s
- Demolished: 1868
- 1830s - Established
- May 1857 - newspaper ad [photograph]
- 1859 - May 31, William Yergin retires
- 1859 - "Williams' Akron, Wooster & Cuyahoga Falls Directory, City Guide, and Business Mirror / C. S. Williams. 1859. OHIO WAYNE DIR W67A 1859-60
- 1859 - June 1, C. A. Crandal purchased 5 year lease
- 1868 - Building torn down
Newspaper Article Citations
- May 21, 1857: "Yergin's Exchange [photo]" by Wm Yergin, Wayne County Democrat, p. 123.
- August 27, 1857: "Yergin's Exchange - Near the Public Square West Liberty Street" by W Yergin, Wayne County Democrat, p. 123.
- January 14, 1858: "John Zimmerman: East Room of the Exchange", Wayne County Democrat, p. 4.
- May 26, 1859: "The Exchange Hotel", Wooster Republican, p. 3.