West Salem United Methodist Church
|West Salem United Methodist Church|
|Location||80 East Buckeye Street, West Salem, Ohio|
|Website||West Salem United Methodist Church|
West Salem Methodist Church |
West Salem Evangelical United Brethren Church
West Salem United Methodist Church located at 80 East Buckeye Street, West Salem was established in 1849. Former names were West Salem Methodist Church and West Salem Evangelical United Brethren Church. In 1968 the change to its current name took place. The current building was built in 1890 on today’s present site. Sources found for this church include; Church Histories of Wayne County Ohio, Wipert p. 98, History of Wayne County, Ohio, B.F. Bowen & Co. 1910, Vol. 1, page 272, History Of Wayne County, Ohio, 1987, page 64, Beginnings of Wayne County in 1812, Richard Smith (compiler), page 38 and West Salem United Methodist Church History (located in the United Methodist Churches of Wayne County, OH notebook which is found in the Genealogy Dept. at Wayne County Public Library). The website listed for this church was www.umc.org/find-a-church/church/57776.
What Links Here