Werner's Frozen Food Center
|Type||Food and Beverage Stores; Food and Beverage Stores|
|Headquarters||Wooster, Ohio, United States|
|Number of locations||0000 South St., Wooster, Ohio|
|Area served||Wayne County, Ohio|
Originally opened on August 1, 1937 by L. Gordon Watson, the locker plant was purchased by Don Werner on October 1, 1957, and renamed Werner's Frozen Food Center. At that time the plant included "1000 individual frozen food lockers and additional bulk storage space" as well as a smoke room for smoking hams, bacon, turkey, and other meats. The plant also sold and processed all types of meats as well as offered customers the possibility of freezing vegetables in bulk.
- Wooster, Ohio Sesquicentennial Celebration, June 14-21, 1958, p. 99.
Newspaper full-text articles
Newspaper citations with no attached images
- "Local Locker Plant," Wayne County Topics, January 1959, p.5