Wayne Theater

From Wayne County, Ohio Online Resource Center
Jump to navigation Jump to search

. .

. . .

Wiki.png
About
Name
  • Wayne Theater
Information
  • Motion Picture and Sound Recording
Facts
Founded
  • Date unknown
Dissolved
  • Date unknown
Related
Key Persons
Location
Loading map...
    • Wooster, Ohio, United States

SchinesWoosterTheaterBldg.jpg


The Wayne Theater was built by the Mott-Kinney Corporation, in 1935. It primarily showed action movies with features like westerns and serials. It was sold to the Daily Record in 1958 and used as a storage area. Then Walter and Margaret Brubaker leased the site of the old Wayne Theater from the Daily Record, and after a complete remodeling of the building they opened the movie theater as the Lyric Two in 1968.

Quick Facts

The Wayne Theater was built by the Mott-Kinney Corporation, in 1935. It primarily showed action movies with features like westerns and serials. It was sold to the Daily Record in 1958 and used as a storage area. Then Walter and Margaret Brubaker leased the site of the old Wayne Theater from the Daily Record, and after a complete remodeling of the building they opened the movie theater as the Lyric Two in 1968.

Gallery

Newspaper articles

Newspaper full-text articles