Wayne County Fairgrounds
|Industry||Public Administration; Recreation; Agriculture|
|Headquarters||199 Vanover St., Wooster, Ohio, United States|
|Number of locations||1|
Wayne County Fairgrounds Buildings & Structures
- Floral Hall
- Mechanic's Hall
Maintenance at Fairgrounds
- 1850-1857 408 N. Bever St., Wooster, Ohio 44691
- 1859-1878 408 N. Bever St., Wooster, Ohio 44691
- 199 Vanover St., Wooster, Ohio 44691
- 2015 - "Ohio's Foremost Agricultural Fair"
- 1849 - Wayne County Agricultural Society privately organized a fairgrounds in Wayne County. Location in the area north of McIntire Funeral Home between Buckeye St. and Bever St.. The midway was where the Herman Freedlander/William Older house stands at 408 N. Bever St.
- 1862 - March 31, New fair location, Quinby Ave. just north of the old high school.
- 1870 - New fair location, Branstetter Crossing a mile and a half west of Wooster, Ohio
- 1887 - Present fair location
- 1950 - Race Horse Barn (21) Fire 
- 2009 - August 30, New private parking lot added at the western entrance on West Old Lincoln Way for about 50 cars. Fair Secretary said the fair board purchased the property, which included a house under foreclosure for $44,000 to add more parking. The property was owned since February, house demolished in March and cut down all of the trees. Parking spot can be purchased for $60 for the entire week of the fair. Stout Excavating leveled the property and Shallenberger Construction developed the land for use. 
- 2014 - Massive summer project to make the fairgrounds more accessible to everyone. 
- 2014 - Grandstand gets work done on the racetrack side with two-way stairs to the upper levels. Leveled the front and built a new retaining wall and additional seating capacity. 
- 2015 - New asphalt aprons were constructed at each entrance to the barns & buildings to all for improved wheelchair accessibility. New asphalt near restrooms and horse barns for better handicapped accessibility. A 25,000 portable air-conditioned and heated handicapped restroom was on the back-side of the entertainment pavilion. Large ramp constructed for handicapped accessibility to fair secretary's office and Armstrong Building. New concrete pad in front of grandstand provides for more seating for grandstand show while providing a level surface for handicapped members of the audience.
Newspaper full-text articles
The buildings of the old Fair Grounds on North Market St., are being taken down, and the material carried to the new Fair Grounds, one mile west of Wooster. The new grounds have a full force of hands at work. The labor on the track, the fencing, buildings, &c., is immense, but will be all done in time for the Fair.
Small Fire Causes Damage at Wayne Fairgrounds
A spark from an overhead fluorescent light ended in a box of flaming odds and ends in Bob's Cheese House next to the Grandstand at the Wayne County Fair on Sunday, resulting in about $1,000 worth of damage, according to Wooster Fire Lieutenant Tom Etter.
The call was received by the station at 2:52 p.m., and by 2:57, they were at the scene.
"The box inside the building caught on fire, and some of the things inside of it, like styrofoam plates, started to melt and some of those caught fire," explained Etter, who said that the box simple contained some various items that fair personnel were in the process of moving in preparation for the fair.
Etter said the fire started to melt the overhead water pipes, which acted as a sprinkler system to put the fire out.
By 3:00 p.m., the fire was completely put out.
Etter said that no damage was done to the building's structure, although some new electrical work will have to be installed and the items inside the box are ruined.
Fair Grounds, 1869 
"$2.43 On Hand; Debts Are Paid" .
"Looks Fine County Fair" .
"Famous Filipino Midgets" .
Newspaper citations with no attached images
- September 11, 2006: "One Problem Solved, Hoping for the Best with Another" by Paul Locher, The Daily Record, p. 0.
- October 30, 2006: "Still No Solution To Water Pressure Problems During Wayne County Fair" by Paul Locher, The Daily Record, p. 0.
- August 28, 2007: "Two-year Waterline Project Is Now Complete" by Paul Locher, The Daily Record, p. 0.
- September 02, 2011: "Bits And Pieces: A History of the Wayne County Fair" by Ann Gasbarre, The Daily Record, p. 123.
- September 13, 2012: "Questel Volunteers Countless Hours During Fair Week to Keep Generating Good Times at the Fairgrounds" by Steven F. Huszai, The Daily Record, p. 0.
- August 31, 2014: "Massive Summer Project Should Make Wayne County Fairgrounds Accessible to All" by Paul Locher, The Daily Record, p. 0.
- February 26, 2015: "Wayne County Fairgrounds", The Daily Record, p. 0.
- August 30, 2015: "Bleachers to Replace Grandstand Chair Seating Culvert Will Give a Little More Room" by Jonathan Scholless, The Daily Record, p. 0.
- September 04, 2016: "New Roof Provides Shelter at Grandstand" by Christine L. Pratt, The Daily Record, p. 0.
- "Fire Threatens Ground Horse Barns". Daily record. Wooster, Ohio. 09 Sep 1950.
- Schaaf, Bryan. "New, paid parking lot ready". Daily Record. Wooster, Ohio. 30 Aug 2009.
- Locher, Paul. "Massive Summer Project Should Make Wayne County Fairgrounds Accessible to All". Daily Record. Wooster, Ohio. 31 Aug 2014.
- Locher, Paul. "Wayne County Fair's grandstand to have more seating - Front is leveled and retaining wall built". Daily Record. Wooster, Ohio. 31 Aug 2014.
- "Wayne County Fairgrounds". Daily Record. Wooster, Ohio. 26 Feb 2015.
- "Fair Grounds". Wayne County Democrat. Wooster, Ohio. 26 Aug 1869 p. 3 col. 1.
- Votaw, Emily. "Small Fire Causes Damage at Wayne Fairgrounds". 'Daily Record. Wooster, Ohio. 31 Sep 2015.
- Template:Cite news
- Votaw, Emily (31 Sep 2015). "Small Fire Causes Damage at Wayne Fairgrounds". Daily Record, (Wooster, Ohio).
- Wayne County Democrat. Wooster, Ohio, 26 Aug 1869, p. 3 col. 1
- Wayne County Democrat, Wooster, Ohio. 1911 Jun 28, p. 2.
- "$2.43 On Hand; Debts Are Paid". Wooster Daily Republican. Wooster, Ohio, 4 Jan 1917, p. 2
- "Looks Fine County Fair". Wooster Daily News. Wooster, Ohio, 1 Oct 1917, p. 1
- "Famous Filipino Midgets". Wooster Daily News. Wooster, Ohio, 1 Oct 1917, p. 2
- "Big Fair Will Be Held in Oct". Wooster Daily Republican. Wooster, Ohio, 16 Jan 1920, p. 2
- "Big Fair Will Be Held in Oct". Wooster Republican. Wooster, Ohio, 16 Jan 1920, p. 4.