School Number 1, Baughman Township
The No. 1 school, Oak Grove, was built in 1860 at the corner of Black Diamond and Fox-Lake roads in northeast Baughman Township, on the A.B. Cook property. It was small, with never more than thirty students. In the early 1920s the average for all eight grades was from eighteen to twenty-one. Around 1936 the school closed and the students were bused to Marshallville.
- Wayne County History Book Committee. A History of Wayne County, Ohio. Dallas: Taylor Publishing Company, 1987. pg. 69.