Ohio Agricultural Research and Development Center

From Wayne County (OH) Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search


Current Contact Information
Address 1680 Madison Ave
City, State, Zip Wooster, Ohio 44691
Phone (330) 263-3700
Contact Person Constance Britton
Contact Title Manager
Last updated 2021-03


Ohio Agricultural Research and Development Center
Type Agriculture Research and Development
Industry Agriculture; Educational Services; Professional & Technical
Fate Active
Founded 1892 (1892)
Headquarters Wooster, Ohio, United States
Number of locations 1680 Madison Ave, Wooster, Ohio
Key people
Services Special Libraries
Website http://oardc.osu.edu

City Directories[edit | edit source]

Comprehensive History[edit | edit source]

Ohio Agricultural Experiment Station[edit | edit source]

Slogans[edit | edit source]

Historical documents[edit | edit source]

Timeline[edit | edit source]

  • 1882 - Ohio General Assembly enacts legistlation to establish the Ohio Agricultural Experiment Station
  • 1887 - Hatch Act passed by Congress to establish agricultual experiment stations in each state; Charles E Thorne becomes first full-time director of OAES
  • 1892 - OAES moves to Wayne County by a wagon train via Route 3
  • 1894 - Dairy barn, greenhouses, biology lab completed on new OAES site located on top of Madison Hill south of Wooster
  • 1897 - Administration building completed and dedicated
  • 1908 - Secrest Arboretum established
  • 1914 - Smith-Lever Act enacted by Congress to establish Cooperative Extension Service
  • 1915 - OAES hires first editor, Leo L. Rummell
  • 1917 - OAES held Wheat Field Day, the sations first field day program
  • 1921 - C. G. Williams named director; OSU Board of Trustess and the Ohio Director of Agriculture become OAES Board of Control
  • 1928 - First soil testing lab starts
  • 1937 - Edmund Secrest is appointed director
  • 1948 - Leo L. Rummel is named director; first to hold dual positions of dean and director
  • 1950 - OAES begins a period of expansion in facilites and personnel
  • 1960 - Roy M Kottman is appointed director and dean
  • 1965 - Name is changes from the Ohio Agricultural Experiment Station (OAES) to the Ohio Agricultural Research and Development Center (OARDC)
  • 1982 - OARDC merges with The Ohio State University, effective March 16

Gallery[edit | edit source]

Business Letterheads[edit | edit source]

Business Photos[edit | edit source]

Newspaper articles[edit | edit source]

Newspaper full-text articles[edit | edit source]

Newspaper ads[edit | edit source]

Newspaper citations with no attached images[edit | edit source]

References[edit | edit source]


What Links Here[edit | edit source]