Oelinger House, Wooster

From Wayne County (OH) Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Building
Long-cook-samsa.jpeg
General information
Address 505 N. Market St.
Town or city Wooster
Country USA
Completed 1908
Renovated 1988
Renovating team
Renovating firm Roy P. and Philip Miller
Other designers Easterday and Co., painters; Fritz Emerson

Also Known As Building Name[edit | edit source]

Comprehensive History[edit | edit source]

  • In 1988, the house was renovated to become offices for the accounting firm of Turpin, Long & Wilson, Inc. According to an article in the Daily Record[1], not many walls were changed but the entrance was switched to the rear of the building, new capitals were ordered for the 13 pillars on the front porch, leaded glass windows throughout the house were refurbished, and new thermal windows were installed. Three fireplaces had to be refinished, brass hardware was removed for a new coating, ceilings were lowered to install new wiring and air conditioning, and a stairway was added from the rear entrance room. The second floor includes several two-person offices, a conference room, an employee lounge, and kitchen; a computer center is planned for the third floor.

Timeline[edit | edit source]

  • 1988: Renovated by Turpin, Long & Wilson, Inc. for their new offices with Fritz Emerson, decorator; Roy P. and Philip Miller, builders; and Easterday and Co., painters
  • 1988: On AAUW House Tour, June 18

Owners[edit | edit source]

Tenants[edit | edit source]

Historical documents[edit | edit source]

Newspaper articles[edit | edit source]

  • Accounting firm restores former Oelinger House, Daily Record, 11 June 1988, p.A6

Notes[edit | edit source]

Photographs[edit | edit source]

Wayne County Recorder Property Transfers[edit | edit source]

References[edit | edit source]

  1. Daily Record, 11 June 1988, p.A6
  2. Daily Record, 11 June 1988, p.A6