Newkirk United Methodist Church
|Newkirk United Methodist Church|
|Location||Newkirk and Metcalf Roads, Clinton Township|
First Building (1843) |
Second Building (1907)
|Closed||circa 16 Nov. 1974|
Newkirk United Methodist Church located on the corner of Newkirk and Metcalf Roads in Clinton Township was established in 1837. Members met in the Newkirk Schoolhouse and erected buildings in 1843 and 1907. Newkirk Church closed in late 1974 and merged with Shreve United Methodist Church in 1975. Sources found for this church were Church Histories of Wayne County Ohio, Wipert p.93, History of Wayne County, Ohio, 1987, page 67 and Final Amen Echoes as Newkirk Church Closes Doors, Wooster Daily Record, 16 Nov 1974.
What Links Here