New Pittsburgh Inn
|New Pittsburgh Inn|
|Town or city||New Pittsburgh, Ohio|
The Wayne County Historical Society Landmark Committee referred to the New Pittburgh House, also known as the New Pittsburgh Inn, as the building located on St. Rt. 250 8-miles west of Wooster, Ohio at 9526 Ashland Rd. in New Pittsburgh, Ohio. Records indicate it was being operated as an inn and stagecoach stop as early as 1856. The structure is typical of very early American construction: it is framed with 10inX10in hand-hewn oak beams that were mortised, tenoned, and pegged. The house was restored by prior owners, Mr. David E. Davis and his wife Margaret S. Davis, who operated an antique shop for many years before Margaret Davis sold the property to Kathy K. Martin in 1998.