Little Old House

From Wayne County (OH) Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Building
Little-Old-House.jpeg
General information
Address N. Walnut St.
Town or city Wooster
Country USA
Construction started 1890

Comprehensive History[edit | edit source]

Originally located on the grounds of Wooster High School on Bowman Street, this house served as living quarters for the high school janitor. When, in 1917, the Wooster Board of Education decided that the increased city population meant a new grade school needed to be constructed, the Little Old House was sold to the current janitor, Thomas Ammon, who had it relocated to North Walnut Street, where it remains.[1]

Timeline[edit | edit source]

  • 1890: Constructed by Wooster Board of Education
  • 1890-1917: Owned by Wooster Board of Education as housing for high school janitor
  • 1917-after 1966: Owned by Thomas Ammon and then his daughter Miss Maud Ammon

Owners[edit | edit source]

  • 1890-1917: Wooster Board of Education
  • 1917-???: Thomas Ammon
  •  ???-???: Maud Ammon

Tenants[edit | edit source]

  • 1890-1906, 1909-1917: Thomas Ammon

Historical documents[edit | edit source]

Newspaper Articles[edit | edit source]

Notes[edit | edit source]

Photographs[edit | edit source]

Wayne County Recorder Property Transfers[edit | edit source]

References[edit | edit source]

  1. Daily Record, 11 February 1966, p.19