Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Wells County, Indiana (Samuel H. Kummer)|
|Notable members||Samuel, Samuel H., Charles, Celia, Edward, and Emma May Kummer|
Additional variation of
- 1850, 1860, 1870, and 1880 US Census for Abram Voiblet. Abram Nicolas Voiblet and Julie Marchand Voiblet are the parents of Mary Ann Voiblet Kummer, wife of Samuel Kummer. In the 1850 and 1880 US Census, he and his family are residing in Sugar Creek Township, Stark County, Ohio. In the 1860 and 1870 US Census, he and his family are residing in Paint Township, Wayne County, Ohio. Some alternative spellings to the surname Voiblet include: Vouble, Wabbey, Wabley, Wably, Wahbey, and Woibet.
- 1880, 1900, and 1910 US Census for Samuel Kummer. Incompatibility the 1880 US Census, he is residing in Paint Twp, Wayne Co, OH. In the 1900 and 1910 US Census, he is residing in Chester Township, Wells County, Indiana. Other spellings of the surname Kummer you may consider include: Kunmer, [[Kuumer(surname)|Kuumer], and Kammer.
- 1920 US Census for Samuel H. Kummer, residing in Nottingham Township County, Wells County, Indiana.
Military service records
- WW II Draft Registration Card for Samuel H. Kummer confirming that Samuel was born 10 Jul 1882 in Wells County, Indiana.
- I was unable to find a declaration of intention or a naturalization record for either Samuel Kummer or Abram Voiblet. I checked Wayne County, Ohio Abstracts of Naturalization Records 1812-1903 and Index to the Naturalization Records of Stark County, Ohio (1809-1852). I am not sure if Abram Voiblet ever became a naturalized citizen. According the 1900 US Census, Samuel Kummer was a naturalized citizen.
- At this point, you may want to pursue your search on the Voiblet name in Stark County, Ohio and the Kummer name in Wells County, Indiana. I have included a list of area researchers if you should decide to pursue your search further here in Wayne County, Ohio.
- Marriage abstract for Samuel Kammer and Mary Woibet, married 1 Dec 1870 in Wayne County, Ohio (vol. 7 p. 443).
- Marriage abstract for Samuel H. Kummer, son of Samuel and Mary Voiblet Kummer. He married Clarrissa Merritt on 9 October 1907 in Wells County, Indiana. From his marriage abstract, Samuel was born 10 Jul 1882.
- Wayne County, OH Burial Records for Charles Kummer, infant son of Samuel and Mary Ann Voiblet. He was born 13 Jan 1876 and died 18 Jul 1876.
- Mt Eaton, Ohio Paint Township, Wayne County, Ohio death abstract for Abram Nicolas Voiblet, born 5 June 1796 at Hagne, Canton Berne, Switzerland. He died 7 May 1881 “in the area of Mt. Eaton, Ohio.” He may have died in Sugar Creek Township, Stark County, Ohio since this is his place of residence in the 1880 US Census.
- Wayne County, OH Burial Record for Julie Voiblet, died 10 Jun 1887 at the age of 82 years, 11 months, 4 days. She is buried at West Lawn Cemetery (Ohio, Wayne County, Ohio, Paint Township).
- Birth abstracts for four of the children of Samuel and Mary Ann Voiblet Kummer. All four were born in Paint Twp, Wayne Co, OH. Celia was born 30 Sep 1872 (v. 1 p. 95); Edward was born 15 Jan 1875 (v. 1 p. 141); Charles was born 13 Jan 1876 (v. 2 p. 22); and Emma May was born 4 Jul 1877 (v. 2 p. 98).
- Marriage record for Albert and Jennie E. Meyer Pfister. Jennie was the daughter of Frederick and Sarah A. Voiblet Meyer and granddaughter of Abram and Julie Marchand Voiblet.
- Ohio Death Certificate for Louis Houward, son of David L. and Rose Ann Voiblet Houward. Louis was the grandson of Abram and Julie Marchand Voiblet.
- Ohio Death Certificate for William David Jeandrevin, son of Louis and Sophoa Voiblet Jeandrevin. William was the grandson of Abram and Julie Marchand Voiblet. There is a marriage record for William Jeandrevin, too. He was married to Elizabeth Williams on 4 Jan 1902 in Wayne County, Ohio.
- Ohio Death Certificate for Zelie Louise Voiblet Brown, daughter of Abraham/Abram and Julie/Julia Marchand Voiblet.
- Ohio Death Certificate for Ulysis Voiblet, son of Abraham/Abram and Julie/Julia Marchand Voiblet.