Project:Organization - Use this form when adding any organization (i.e. business, non-profit, church, school, etc.)
- Some business names need a location in parenthesis after the business name (i.e. Eastern Hotel (Wooster, Ohio))
- Name: Enter the organizations official name
- Logo: Enter the last known logo by file name or click the Upload file link
- Trading name: If a business goes by various names please enter each name (one name per line)
- Add Industry button: Industry follows NAICS standard noting the Sub-sector uses the first 3 numbers. Click on the dropdown of the appropriate Industry sector and then the dropdown of the Sub-sector. Note: you can add more than one industry sector and sub-sectors.
- Brands: Select from the list or add a new one. Use singular tense.
- Services: Select from the list or add a new one using singular tense. Services is a further breakdown of the Sub-sector.
- Foundation: Drop down the month, enter the two digit date, enter the 4 digit year.
- City: Choose from the available cities.
- State: Choose Ohio.
Founder & Owner
- Add Founder button: Enter the full legal name of individual. If you do not know, please research it using Ancestry and/or Family Search before entering.
- Add Owner button: Enter the full legal name of individual. If you do not know, please reach it using Ancestry and/or Family Search before entering.
- Status: Click on the radio button Active or Defunct. If you click on Defunct, click on the Other fate: and choose Dissolved.
- Predecessor(s): Select from the list or add a new organization
- Successor(s): Select from the list or add a new organization
- Parent organization(s): Select from the list or add a new organization
- Divisions: Select from the list or add a new one
Number of Employees
- Add Data button: Enter the number of employees and if you know the year
- Add Key Person button: Enter the full legal name of individual. If you do not know, please research it using Ancestry and/or Family Search before entering.
- Add Images button: Can add one photo of Organization. Note: all images need to be uploaded .
- Form:Person - Use this form when adding any person, be sure to research full name before entering.
Example of title cards
- these were created in Canva using 16:9
<div class="card" data-property="Newspaper title" data-property-value="Wooster Republican" data-year="919 JL
Wooster Brush Company, The
Example of Industry portal card
The Retail Trade sector includes establishments that sell consumer goods, from groceries to books to hardware to gasoline to... the list goes on!
One popular destination store in southeastern Wayne County is Lehman’s, located in Kidron. The store was family owned and operated from 1955 until 2021, stocking stoves and hardware first for the local Amish community, expanding into a variety of other household goods.
Long-time retail businesses in downtown Wooster include Freedlander’s, The Gift Corner, and the Beulah Bechtel Dress Shop.
Frederick's Pottery was built in 1910 in Fredericksburg, selling products for everyday use (such as bean pots and crocks). The pottery business was sold to Wooster China Co. in 1913 or 1914.
In the 1870s, Creston, Ohio resident Jacob T. Miller started a tinning and repair shop. By 1881, he had expanded his company to become a hardware store known as the Miller Brothers. By 1902, A. S. Tuttle had joined the venture and the company changed its name to Miller Brothers & Tuttle Hardware.