Harmon E. Stanley
- Harmon E. Stanley
- 15 September 1836
Wayne County, Ohio
- Wayne County, Medina County, Ohio, Coshocton County, Erie County
- 2 January 1922
Erie County, Ohio
- Sandusky, Ohio
- Founder (H. E. Stanley - Clothier, 1880–1903)
- Mary Rosenboro ()
- James Stanley ()
- Ella L. Christy (b.1849–d.1903)
Harmon E. Stanley was born on September 15, 1836 to James Stanley and Ann Mary Rosenboro. He was probably born in Congress Township, Wayne County, Ohio. His father died when Harmon was about 9-10 years old. His mother married on July 4, 1847 to John Pickard in Wayne County, Ohio  To this second union, several additional children were born: Ithamer Pickard, Eliza Jane Pickard, and Louisa Pickard.
Harmon had an older brother, Alwin Stanley and a twin brother, Martin Stanley.
Harmon enlisted in Company H of the 42nd Ohio Voluntary Infantry on September 24, 1862. He was discharged in June 1863. Two years later, on September 24, 1867, Harmon married Ellie L. Christy in Wayne County, Ohio.  Shortly after their marriage, the young couple removed to Medina County, Ohio. While in Medina, one son was born, Dean Forest Stanley. By the 1880 US Census,  the young family had returned to Wayne County, Ohio and settled in Marshallville, Ohio. He was a clothier.
In 1895, the family moved again.  This time they moved to Coshocton County, Ohio. While there, Harmon continued in the clothier business. On May 22, 1903, after an illness of 6 weeks, Ella succumbed to cancer.  Ella's body was brought back to Wooster, Ohio and interred in the city cemetery.
On July 29, 1903, Harmon saw an increase in his Civil War pension from $8 to $10 per month. He remained in Coshocton, Ohio for several more years before taking up residence with his brother, Martin J. Stanley in Toledo, Ohio . By 1920, Harmon had moved into the Soldiers Home in Erie County, Ohio . In 1921, he moved from the Barracks to Cottage A  On January 2, 1922, Harmon passed away in Sandusky, Erie County, Ohio. He was interred at the Ohio Sailors and Soldiers Home. 
- ↑ Wayne County, Ohio Marriage Records vol. 4B p. 299
- ↑ Wayne County, Ohio Marriage Records vol. 7 p. 96
- ↑ 1880 U.S. Census, Marshallville, Baughman Township, Wayne County, Ohio
- ↑ Ella Stanley Obituary. Coshocton Daily Age. May 23, 1903 p. 5
- ↑ Coshocton County, Ohio Death Records vol. 2 p. 82
- ↑ 1910 U.S. Census, Toledo Ward 7, Lucas County, Ohio
- ↑ 1920 U.S. Census, Perkins, Erie County, Ohio
- ↑ The Sandusky Star-Journal. April 13, 1921 p. 2
- ↑ Ohio Death Certificate File no. 1794