First Tuition School, Fredericksburg, Ohio
|First Tuition School|
|Fredericksburg, Ohio, Wayne County, Ohio, United States|
History[edit | edit source]
The first tuition school in Wayne County was built by school teacher, C. P. Tennant. It was a two-story brick house just off the main intersection in Fredericksburg, Ohio. The best records show that the school was operating by 1816. Later in 1828 a larger school house was built in the town, according to the 1878 Ben Douglas history book.
Owners[edit | edit source]
- J. B. Lytle