Creston United Methodist Church
|Creston United Methodist Church|
|Location||166 South Main Street, Creston, Ohio|
|Website||Creston United Methodist Church|
|Former name(s)||Methodist Episcopal Church|
Creston United Methodist Church located at 166 South Main Street, Creston was established in 1838 by Isaac Wells for the Free Will Baptists. A former name was Methodist Episcopal Church. A fire in 1981 damaged the building. It was repaired and rededicated the same year. It is believed Canaan Methodist joined with Creston Methodist and is now known as Creston Canaan United Methodist Church. Sources found for this church include; Church Histories of Wayne County Ohio, Wipert, History of Wayne County, Ohio, B.F. Bowen & Co., 1910, Vol. 1, page 271 and History of the Creston United Methodist Church 1912 booklet (located in Methodist church files found in the Genealogy Dept. at Wayne County Public Library). The website listed for this church was https://crestoncanaanumc.com. the website no longer seems to work.
What Links Here