Congress, Ohio

From Wayne County (OH) Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Historical Information[edit | edit source]

Originally called Waynesburg, it was surveyed by Peter Emery, and laid out by Philip Gates and David Newcomer on March 6, 1827. The plat and certificate are recorded March 27, 1827.[1]

References[edit | edit source]

  1. Douglass, Ben. History of Wayne County, Ohio. Indianapolis: Robert Douglass Publisher, 1878. pg. 814.