City Book Store
..... .. .
- City Book Store
- Retail, Accommodation and Food Services
- Sporting Goods / Hobby / Musical Instrument / and Book Stores, Candy Store, Food and Beverage Stores, Food Services and Drinking Places (Dairy), Miscellaneous Store Retailers, Miscellaneous Store Retailers
- Date unknown
- 120 S. Market St., Wooster, Ohio, United States
- 117 E. Liberty St., Wooster, Ohio, United States
- Wooster Progress (1914)
- 1914 - Book Store
"Another of Wooster's attractive and prosperous mercantile establishments is the City Book Store, situated first door east of the Citizens National Bank, The, in the heart of Wooster's shopping district. In connection with books, stationery, office supplies, kodaks and photo supplies, pictures and picture framing, this store conducts a soda fountain in the rear, exclusive from the rest which enjoys a well deserved and growing patronage. A glance at the accompanying photograph will give you an idea as to its arrangement and equipment.
- 1927 - "A Store With a Heart in the Heart of Wooster" 
- 1897 - Store opened Public square - 120 S. Market St.
- 1911 - Store moved to an 117 E. Liberty St. location
- 1937 - Store moved back to Public square 120 S. Market St.
- 1956 - Store remolded
- 1915 - George W. Burkholder, Owner - book stores, ice cream & confectioneries - located at SE corner of Public Square in 1912-1913 directory
- 1919 - Dickason & Baird - books - 117 E. Liberty St.
- 1919 - Directory of Wooster and Bloomington, p. 162 Dickason & Baird Proprs - (G W Burkholder)
- 1923 - Donald E. Dickason - books, stationery, phonographs, office supplies, Remington typewriters, p. 17 ad
- 1925 - Alex W. Hamilton - books, office supplies, stationery
- 1928 - Wooster Directory - City Book Store 117 E. Liberty St., Wooster, Ohio - books & stationery, office supplies & furniture/typewriters - Alex W. Hamilton, Proprietor, p. 8, 85, 218
- 1930 - Alex W. Hamilton - office supplies & furniture/typewriters
- 1932 - Alex W. Hamtilon - office supplies & furniture/typewriters
- 1934-1935 - Alex W. Hamilton - office supplies & furniture/typewriters
- 1937 - Alex W. Hamilton - books & stationery
- 1939 - moved to 120 S. Market St.
Newspaper citations with no attached images
- Wooster Progress. 1914, p. 19.
- The Tatler of 1927" Wooster High School annual. Wooster, Ohio
- The Southwestern Way. Wooster Progress. 1914.
- Wooster Republican. Wooster, Ohio, 1917-03-30, p. 6.
- Wooster Republican. Wooster, Ohio, 1919-10-31, p. 4.
- Wooster Daily Republican. Wooster, Ohio, 1919-11-24, p. 6
- Wooster Republican. Wooster, Ohio, 1919-12-22, p. 4.
- Wooster Republican. Wooster, Ohio, 1920-01-02, p. 2.
- Wooster Daily Republican. Wooster, Ohio, 1920-01-23, p. 4