Discover logos, letterheads, maps, ads, and photos.
Citizens National Bank, The
... .. .
- Citizens National Bank, The
- Finance and Insurance
- Banks and Credit Unions
- Date unknown
- 0000 S. Market St., Wooster, 44691, Ohio, United States
- 155 S. Market St., Wooster, 44691, Ohio, United States
- 1909-1910 - located at 10 E. Liberty St., Wooster, Ohio
- 1912-1913 - located at 115 E. Liberty St., Wooster, Ohio
- 1919 -
- 1928 - 115 E. Liberty St., Wooster, Ohio, J. C. Schultz, President; E. S. Wertz and J. S. McCoy VP, William Harris, Cashier, C. W. Biddle and C. W. Gilmore Assit Cashiers, p. 85, 217
- 1930 - 115 E. Liberty St., Wooster, Ohio, J. C. Template:Schultz, President; E. S. Wertz and A. W. Smyser, VP's; William Harris, Cashier; C. W. Biddle and C. W. Gilmore, Assi't Cashiers;, Bank, p. 91, 223.
- 1940 - 105 E. Liberty St., Wooster, Ohio
- 1943 - 115 E. Liberty St., Wooster, Ohio
- 1954 - 105 E. Liberty St., Wooster, Ohio
- 1993 - moved to 141 N. Walnut St., Wooster, Ohio
Vice-President & Director
- Scott Gisinger, 1941-September 28, 1958 due to death
Board of Directors
- Harold G. Arnold
- J. Wayne Markley
- George F. Grosjean, Owner, Wooster Livestock Auction, 1968
- Walter J. Mougey
- William R. Schultz
- Myron T. Brenneman, Chairman of the Board, Judge, Ninth District Court of Appeals
- Thomas J. Landes, President of the Board, Partner, Landes and Landes Real Estate & Insurance
- Harold G. Arnold, Vice-President of the Board, President, The Bauer Manufacturing Company
- J. Garber Drushal, Acting President, The College of Wooster
- James J. Morgan, President, The Buriner, Morgan & Stephens company
- Robert A. Tissot, President, Maintenance Inc, VP Medal Brick & Tile Co.
- Gaius E. Beam
- Bernard Pfaff, Assistant Cashier
- Charles W. Gilmore, Assistant Cashier
- Paul L. Gilmore, Assistant Cashier
- Shirley Shallenberger|Shallengberger
- Julia Mitchell
- Lavonne Shriver
- Barbara Pinckard
- Mary Jean Gerig
- Mary Jane Gerig
- Mildred Hoxworth
- Peggy Kinney
- Joanne Vincent, Head Bookkeeper
- Georgia Landes
- Anne Bowman
- Karen Jackson
- Rebecca Purdy
- Diane Murray
- Sandra Bowman
- Laura Gifford
- Lana Mendenhall
- Mary Snyder
- Betty Emerling
- Mary Herpel
- Clyde C. Myers, Head Teller
- Howard C. Arendt
- Woodard Booth
- Nancy Sigler
- Thelda Vincent
- Marilynn Jean Eschenberg, Note Teller
- Darlene Sue Flinner, Note Teller
- Louise Baker
- Dona Hezlep
- Ethel Mae Kaser
- Bonnie Wachtel, Part-time Teller
- 1958, November 29, Opened downtown drive-in bank, corner of Market & South St.
- 1981 - Changed name to Bank One
- 1997 - Moved to 141 N. Walnut St., Wooster, Ohio
- Citizens National Bank WR19170125p6.png
- Citizens National Bank WR19170322p5.png
"Save Your Country bu Planting Ten Million Gardens in 1918" ad, .
- November 28, 1958: "Citizens Will Open Downtown Drive-In Bank on Saturday" by Unknown Author, The Daily Record, p. 12.
- March 19, 1970: "Citizen Bank Hosts Stockholders on its 65th Birthday; Guests Tour New Quarters" by Unknown Author, The Daily Record, p. 34.
- November 28, 1958: "", The Daily Record, p. 12.
- March 19, 1970: "", The Daily Record, p. 34.
- 1905 - Wooster High School annual 
- Wooster Progress (1914)
- 1914 - Bank
"In keeping with the prevailing spirit of progress The Citizen National Bank of Wooster was organized in 1905 with paid up capital stock of $100,000.00. Since its organization this bank has always enjoyed increasing business and patronage and is now known as one of the MILLION DOLLAR BANKS in the State of Ohio. Through careful and judicious management the surplus and undivided profits have reached the sum of $40,000 which represents an added security to its depositors.
The stockholders comprise the solid and substantial business men and farmers of Wayne County who stand united to protect the investing public and to advance the interests of their institution.
The Citizens National Bank erected and owns the beautiful building used as a banking house, the interior finish and decoration of which ranks with the banking rooms of the larger banking institutions of the State.
This Bank bears the proud distinction of being entrusted with money of the United States Government, the State of Ohio, Wayne County and the City of Wooster, being known as a Government, State, County and City Depository. A general banking business is conducted fully covering all the commercial requirements of its depositors and in the Bond Department a large line of safe and seasoned securities are carried which offer to the investor the highest rate of interest that can be obtained with satisfactory security.
At the time of the organization Mr. Walter D. Foss was elected President and Mr. E. W. Thompson Cashier, in which capacity Mr. Thompson served most capably until the time of his death. Mr. Foss continued in office until the phenomenal growth of The Wooster Brush Co. claimed his entire time when he relinquished the Presidency but continued his interests in the bank. He was followed as President by Mr. L. E. Yocum who served the bank well and honorably until the occurrence of his death when he was followed by Mr. Chas. M. Gray, whose business ability and acumen were a great aid t the unbilding of the institution. Mr. Gray, owing to the rapid expansion of the business of Gray & Smith retired as President but still continues as one of the Directors of the bank. The present officers are all men of ability and unquestioned financial standing and are as follows: --
Robert A. Biechele, President; J. S. McCoy, Vice President; Ed. S. Wertz, Vice President; William Harris, Cashier; C. P. Blough, Asst. Cashier.
Directors: --Emile Paumier, William C. Myers, Ashley W. Smyder, William Harris, Chas. N. Gray, Ed. S. Wertz, J. S. McCoy, Robert A. Biechele. 
- 10 Jan 1967/8? - "Citizens Bank Officials Step Down After 75 Years of Business Life" The Daily Record
- 29 Mar 1968 - "Your Money and You" The Daily Record, p. 6-7.
- Wooster Daily Republican. Wooster, Ohio, 1917-01-03, p. 6
- Wooster Daily Republican. Wooster, Ohio, 1917-01-16, p. 6
- Wooster Daily Republican. Wooster, Ohio, 1917-01-25, p. 6
- Wooster Daily Republican. Wooster, Ohio, 1917-02-07, p. 6
- Wooster Daily Republican. Wooster, Ohio, 1917-03-22, p. 5
- Wooster Republican. Wooster, Ohio, 1917-03-30, p. 8.
- Wooster Daily Republican. Wooster, Ohio, 1917-06-27, p. 6
- Wooster Daily News. Wooster, Ohio, 1917-07-02, p. 2.
- Wooster Republican. Wooster, Ohio, 1917-07-02, p. 4.
- Wooster Daily News. Wooster, Ohio, 1917-08-10, p. 2.
- Wooster Daily News. Wooster, Ohio, 1917-09-12, p. 2.
- Wooster Daily Republican. Wooster, Ohio, 1918-03-30, p. 0
- Wooster Republican. Wooster, Ohio, 1919-06-04, p. 6.
- Wooster Republican. Wooster, Ohio, 1919-09-12, p. 4.
- Wooster High School annual. 1905. Wooster, Ohio
- Wooster Progress. 1914, p. 34-35.