Bloomington, Ohio was incorporated in 1911. It extended north from Wayne Avenue in Wayne Township. It included Burbank Road to near what is now Kurtz, Beall and Cleveland Road to the point where they intersect, and the north side of Wayne Avenue from Beall to Gasche. It was described at one time as "an impressive suburb with large homes, wide lawns, orchards, meadows, gardens, and no business enterprises whatsoever." Many of the residents were retired, taught at the College of Wooster, or worked in downtown Wooster businesses. In the Wooster Daily Record newspaper on January 8, 1927, it was reported that Bloomington was now part of Wooster.