Apple Creek Banking Company, The
|Current Contact Information|
|Address||3 W. Main St., P O Box 237|
|City, State, Zip||Apple Creek, Ohio 44606|
|Trading name||Apple Creek Bank, Applecreek Banking Company|
|Type||Banks and Credit Unions and Credit Unions|
|Industry||Finance and Insurance|
|Founded||Apple Creek, Ohio (February 1, 1904 )|
|Headquarters||3 W. Main St., Apple Creek, Ohio, 155 S. Market St., Wooster, Ohio, Canal Fulton, Ohio, Akron, Ohio, United States|
|Number of locations||5|
|Area served||Wayne County, Ohio, Summit County, Ohio, and Stark County, Ohio|
|Key people||H. A. Grenert President, R. B. Jameson VP|
During November and December of 1903 the beginnings of The Apple Creek Banking Company were being carefully planned: the Articles of Incorporation were formed and recorded with the Ohio Secretary of State. Opening day was February 1, 1904. Since its opening, the bank has only ever officially closed for the length of time the government required during the "bank holiday" of the great depression.
Jameson served as President until 1935, when Harry E. McCarthy took over as President. McCarthy served until he resigned on January 1, 1953 at which time R. B. Jameson was elected President of the bank. R. B. Jameson remained at the helm until January 4, 1967 when H. A. Grenert became President and served until January of 1974 when Alfred C. Leist was elected President.
As the bank expanded the Madisonburg, Ohio office was opened in 1979 and the Wooster, Ohio branch in October of 1981, which was noted as the first new bank to open in downtown Wooster in 74 years at the time.
In 2014, Leo J. Miller took over as President of The Apple Creek Banking Company it continues as a mid-sized bank and credit union. It has 43 full time employees and generates $5.0 million in annual revenue.
- 3 W. Main St., P O Box 237, Apple Creek, Ohio 44606
- 4500 Cleveland Rd., P O Box 964E, Wooster, Ohio 44691
- 155 S. Market St., P O Box 964E, Wooster, Ohio 44691
- 2414 Locust St. S., P O Box 621, Canal Fulton, Ohio 44614
- 5091 Manchester Rd., Akron, Ohio
- 105 2nd Ave. NE, P O Box 164, Beach City, Ohio 44608
- ? 2018 - Bank Local. Bank Better. 
- 1904 - February 1, Opened
1917 Report of the Condition of The Applecreek Banking Company", .
Newspaper full-text articles
Newspaper citations with no attached images
- March 29, 1968: "", The Daily Record, p. 13.
- The Apple Creek Banking Company website.
- Wooster Daily Republican. Wooster, Ohio, 1917-01-06, p. 2
- Wooster Republican. Wooster, Ohio, 1917-09-19, p. 2.