Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Adams, Leroy. Second Baptist Church, 1892-1992: 100th Anniversary. Wooster: Second Baptist church, 1992.
- Bial, Raymond. The Underground Railroad. Boston: Houghton Mifflin Company, 1995.
- Blockson, Charles L. and Ron Fry. Black Genealogy. Baltimore: Black Classic Press, 1991.
- Burroughs, Tony. Black Roots: A Beginner’s Guide to Tracing the African American Family Tree. New York: Fireside, 2001.
- Fears, Mary L. Jackson. Slave Ancestral Research: It’s Something Else. Bowie: Heritage Book, Inc., 1995.
- Howell, Barbara Thompson. How to Trace Your African-American Roots. New York: Kensington Publishing Corp., 1998.
- Soderlund, Jean R. Quakers & Slavery: A Divided Spirit. Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press, 1985.
- Washington, Versalle F. Eagles on Their Buttons: A Black Infantry Regiment in the Civil War. Columbia, MO: University of Missouri Press, 1999.
- Woodtor, Dee Parmer. Finding a Place Called Home: A Guide to African-American Genealogy and Historical Identity. New York: Random House, 1999.