505 N. Bever St., Wooster, Ohio
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The large wood frame house located at 505 N. Bever St. was likely built between 1880-1881 by property owners and developers Maggie J. Curry and Jerome Curry as they bought the lot of land in 1880 for $565 and sold the property in 1881 for $3,250 which indicates a substantial improvement was made to the property: a house was built. The Curry's also built the house located at 545 N. Bever St. during this same time period.
Wayne County Recorder Property Transfers
- 1816: William Henry, Joseph H. Larwill, Abigail Larwill To John Bever Vol. 1 p.100 $1
- 1837: Last will and testament of John Bever deceased gave to daughter Mirtilla (Bever) Bowman married to James L. Bowman land containing 68 acres.
- Mirtilla Bowman To Jacob B. McKennan Trust Deed Vol. 50 p.242-244
- J.B. McKennan's Addition to the Town of Wooster: Plat of 30 outlots numbered 149-178 dated November 7, 1857.
- 1861: Jacob B. McKennan To Joseph Caldwell (mis-spelled Cowell in Index) Vol. 59 p.312 Old Lot No. 170 $357
- 1867: Joseph Caldwell To Samuel Rhoads Vol. 68 p.88 part of Old Lot No. 170 $1,600
- 1880: Samuel Rhoads To Maggie J. Curry Vol. 103 p.647 (after 1870 renumbering) south part of Lot 1358 $565
- 1881: Maggie J. Curry, Jerome Curry To Margaret E. Hanna Vol. 106 p.317 south part of Lot 1358 $3,250
- 1894: Jeanette Hanna Executorix for Margeret E. Hanna, deceased To John Hoelzel Vol. 127 p.309 south part of Lot 1358 $2,600
- 1912: Catherine Greenslade, James Greenslade, Henrietta Fast, Joseph W. G. Fast, Cora Campbell, Walter C. Campbell, Augusta McBane, William McBane, W. Nold Hoelzel, John P. Hoelzel, heirs to Jeanette Hoelzel To Mary Gill Hoelzel Vol. 165 p.62 south part of Lot 1358 $2,800
- 1936: Mary Gill Hoelzel To Mary A. Snyder Vol. 228 p.168 south part of Lot 1358 $4,545 according to $5 revenue stamp
- 1947: Donald Snyder Guardian for Mary A. Snyder, incompetent (Court Case 26315) To Keith Hostetler, Ruth M. Hostetler Vol. 271 p.200 south part of Lot 1358 $8,375
- 1959: Keith Hostetler, Ruth M. Hostetler To Mae Retta Gingerich Vol. 362 p.100 south part of Lot 1358 $10,591 according to $11.65 revenue stamp
- 1960: Mae Retta Hostetler To Wade Miller Vol. 368 p.363 south part of Lot 1358 $19,500 according to $21.45 revenue stamp
- 1977: Wade Miller, Beulah A. Miller To David R. Hott, June M. Hott Vol. 528 p.431 south part of Lot 1358 $50,000 according to $100 conveyance fee
- 1992: David R. Hott, June M. Hott To David R. Hott, June M. Hott Joint-Survivorship Deed $0
- 1994: David R. Hott, June M. Hott To Chris H. Whitemeyer south part of Lot 1358 or parcel 64-02170 $65,000
- To figure out how much people paid for a property read about Revenue Stamps and Property Conveyance Fee History