427 N. Bever St., Wooster, Ohio
The brick Foursquare architectural style house at 427 N. Bever St. was built in 1910 by property owners Walter G. Whitaker and wife, Katherine P. Whitaker as the house is shown as standing on the lot by the time the 1911 Sanborn Fire Insurance Map was published.
Wayne County Recorder Property Transfers
- 1816: 1816: William Henry, Joseph H. Larwill, Abigail Larwill To John Bever Vol. 1 p.100 $1
- 1837: Last will and testament of John Bever deceased gave to daughter Mirtilla (Bever) Bowman married to James L. Bowman land containing 68 acres.
- 1862: Jacob B. McKennan To Ephriam Quinby Jr. Vol. 54 p.327 Old Lot No.s 150, 151, 152, 155, 156, 159, 171
Note: In the 1870 Renumbering old lot number 171 was renumbered to 1360 and contained approximately 1.83 acres.
- 1909: Edward M. Quinby To Elmer S. Landes Vol. 159 p.525 Lot 1360 (1.83 acres) $5,000
Note: On April 19, 1909 it is recorded that E.S. Landes sub-divided Lot 1360 into 7 parcels and they were given the following lot numbers: 1360, 2141, 2142, 2143, 2144, 2145, 2146.
- 1909: Elmer S. Landes To Charles H. Wolfe, Lida S. Wolfe Vol. 160 p.469 Lot 2141 $1,100
- 1910: Charles H. Wolfe, Lida S. Wolfe To Katherine P. Whitaker, Walter G. Whitaker Vol. 162 p.447 Lot 2141 $1,325
- 1921: Katherine P. Whitaker, Walter G. Whitaker To Gilbert M. Lemmon, Ila Lemmon Vol 189 p.263 Lot 2141 $11 revenue stamp
- 1925: Gilbert M. Lemmon, Ila Lemmon To Earl. W. Mann, Hazel F. Mann Vol. 203 p.211 Lot 2141 $12.50 revenue stamp
- 1936: Earl W. Mann, Hazel F. Mann To Carrie M. Burtner Vol. 230 p.394 Lot 2141 no stamp necessary
- 1943: Carrie M. Burtner To Majorie M. Smedley, Harlan E. Smedley Vol. 249 p.271 Lot 2141 $8.80 revenue stamp
- Marjorie M. Smedley, Harlan E. Smedley To Harvey H. Heise, Helen R. Heise Vol. 251 p.576 Lot 2141 $10.45 revenue stamp
- 1950: Harvey H. Heise, Helen R. Heise To Ralph E. Fisher, Deltha S. Fisher Vol. 282 p.24 Lot 2141 $13.75 revenue stamp
- 1965: Ralph E. Fisher, Deltha S. Fisher To Keith I. Brown, Dorothy J. Brown Vol. 409 p.185 Lot 2141 $24.75 revenue stamp
- 1986: Keith I. Brown, Dorothy J. Brown To Mark A. Wilson, Gloria Wilson Vol. 619 p.324 Lot 2141 $117 conveyance stamp
- 2011: Mark A. Wilson, Gloria M. Wilson To Michael G. Steensen Lot 2141 or parcel 64-00205 $115,500
- To figure out how much people paid for a property read about Revenue Stamps and Property Conveyance Fee History