352 N. Bever St., Wooster, Ohio
The house once located at 352 N. Bever St. in Wooster, Ohio was torn down sometime after the property was purchased by William D. Older II in 2006.
The house has been replaced by a private park. The park, is screened from public view by a wrought-iron fence and a series of tiered plantings. It features fountains and marble statues. The overriding theme of the park is cherubs. The main fountain has figures of cherubs riding dolphins -- the latter of which has streams of water coming from their mouths -- at the corners of the main pool. In addition to the fountains, there is a large gazebo featuring carvings of the Four Graces. The gazebo also displays other classical carvings, including bunches of grapes, lions, fruit baskets, garnitures, and other various border and molding treatments.
The fountains and gazebo, as well as various railings and balusters, benches and other features, incorporate more than 33 tons of antique Italian marble custom carved for the project. The marble elements were assembled and installed by an all-Russian crew of workmen.
Wayne County Recorder Property Transfers
- 1816: William Henry, Joseph H. Larwill, Abigail Larwill To John Bever R13-T15-S4 Vol. 1 p.100 $1
- 1837: Last will and testament of John Bever deceased gave to daughter Mirtilla (Bever) Bowman married to James L. Bowman land containing 68 acres of the SE QRT R13-T15-S4.
- Mirtilla Bowman To Jacob B. McKennan Trust Deed Vol. 50 p.242
- J.B. McKennan's Addition to the Town of Wooster: Plat of 30 outlots numbered 149-178 dated November 7, 1857.
- 1858: J. B. McKennan (mis-spelled McKinney) To Jacob Metz Vol. 48 p.352 Old Lot No.s 158, 165, 166, 167 $2,200 and 3 20/100
- 1861: Jacob Metz To David Q. Liggett Vol. 52 p.443 Old Lot No. 167
- 1897: Elizabeth W. Ligget, Robert W. Liggett, executors of D.Q. Liggett To Albert Shupe Vol. 132 p.169 (after 1870 renumbering) Lot No.s 1622 and 1623 $5,000
- 1903: Albert Shupe To Josephine Caskey Vol. 146 p.497 south part of Lot No. 1622 $1,000
- 1924: James E. Swinford, executor for Josephine Caskey To Alice A. Kean, Clara Coffey Vol. 197 p.497 south part Lot No. 1622 $9,100
- 1926: Clara K. Coffey To George N. Coffey Vol. 204 p.287 half-interest south part of Lot No. 1622 $0 transfer
- 1948: Albert A. Kean To Frances G. Kean Vol. 254 p.353 half-interest south part of Lot No. 1622 $1 transfer
- 1962: Frances Kean, George Coffey To Grace E. Snyder Vol. 385 p.512 south part of Lot No. 1622 $19,000 according to $20.90 revenue stamp
- 1966: Grace E. Snyder To Charles E. Flesher, Rose E. Flesher Vol. 417 p.312 south part of Lot No. 1622 $22,000 according to $24.20 revenue stamp
- 1995: Charles E. Flesher To Rose E. Flesher parcel 64-00488 or south part of Lot No. 1622 Certificate of Title $0
- 2000: Rose E. Flesher To Andrew S. Wilson, Shelly Wilson parcel 64-00488 or south part of Lot No. 1622 Joint Survivorship $122,000
- 2002: Andrew S. Wilson, Shelly Wilson To Beaver Commons LTD parcel 64-00488 or south part of Lot No. 1622 Warranty Deed $0
- 2006: Beaver Commons LTD To William D. Older II Trustee parcel 64-00488 or south part of Lot No. 1622 Sheriff Deed $80,000