337 N. Bever St., Wooster, Ohio
The house at 337 N. Bever St. in Wooster, Ohio was designed by architect J.W. Webster and built by contractor Miller and Smith in 1894 for property owner David Y. Landis. The masonry work was done by Jacob Long & Son; while the roofing and plumbing was done by J.C. Tieche; Landis & Schmuck provided the inside woodwork; D.C. Smith and Laubach & Kipfer did the original painting.
David Y. Landis married Arthalinda "Linnie" Schmuck the sister of Jacob Schmuck with whom he formed a business partnership and operated an undertaking and furniture business together as Landis & Schmuck. Furthermore, Landis bought the land he built his house on from Jacob Schmuck and the two lived in houses right next to each other at 337 and 341 N. Bever street. David Y. Landis died at the age of 57 in 1897 and his widow, Arthalinda continued to live there until her death in 1916 when the Landis daughters, Daisy and Lillie, sold the house out of the family.
- November 28, 1894: "Another Beautiful Residence Soon to Be Occupied", Wooster Weekly Republican, p. 3.
Wayne County Recorder Property Transfers
- 1816: 1816: William Henry, Joseph H. Larwill, Abigail Larwill To John Bever Vol. 1 p.100 $1
- 1837: Last will and testament of John Bever deceased gave to daughter Mirtilla (Bever) Bowman married to James L. Bowman land containing 68 acres.
- Mirtilla Bowman To Jacob B. McKennan Trust Deed Vol. 50 p.242-244
- J.B. McKennan's Addition to the Town of Wooster: Plat of 30 outlots numbered 149-178 dated November 7, 1857.
- Jacob B. McKennan To Ephriam Quinby Jr. Vol. 49 p.238 Old Lot No.s 175,176,177,part of 178 $900
- Wayne County Sheriff To Ephriam Quinby Jr. Vol. 52 p.84 north half of Old Lot No. 178 $334
- Apr 09: Ephriam Quinby Jr. To John Hanna north 1/3 part of Old Lot No. 178
- Oct 24: John Hanna To R.R. Donnelly north 1/3 part of Old Lot No. 178
- 1865: R.R. Donnelly To Jacob (is mis-spelled Schmook in Index) Schmuck Vol. 61 p.686 part of Old Lot No. 178 $1,000
- 1894: Jacob Schmuck To David Y. Landis Vol. 126 p.159 Lot 1591 $840
- 1897: Daisy D. Landis, Lillie B. Landis, daughters of David Y. Landis, deceased To Arthalinda S. Landis, widow of David Y. Landis Lots 82, 1591 Quit-Claim $2
- 1916: Arthalinda S. Landis, deceased To Lillie B. (Landis) Flemming, Daisy D. (Landis) Fisher Vol. 174 p.535 Lot 1591 Affadavit of Transfer-inheritance $0
- Lillie B. (Landis) Flemming, Daisy D. (Landis) Fisher To A.B. Reese Vol. 174 p.536 Lot 1591 $5,500
- 1938: A.B. Reese To Lucy Hoge Reese, spouse Vol. 236 p.84 Lot 1591 $3.50 revenue stamp
- 1957: Lucy Hoge Reese To Julius Duberstein, Adeline Duberstein Vol. 343 p.155 Lot 1591 $17.60 revenue stamp
- 1990: Julius Duberstein, deceased, Adeline Duberstein To Wayne County National Bank Vol. 669 p.351 Lot 1591 Certificate of Title $0
- 1995: Wayne County National Bank Trustees To Susanne G. Albiez Lot 1591 or parcel 64-00420 $85,000
- 2009: Susanne G. Albiez To Beverley Williams Lot 1591 or parcel 64-00420 $89,900
- 2012: Beverley Williams To Donald Ewing Williams Lot 1591 or parcel 64-00420 Quit-Claim $0
- Donald Ewing Williams To Donald Ewing Williams Tod Lot 1591 or parcel 64-00420 Exempt Affidavit $0
- To figure out how much people paid for a property read about Revenue Stamps and Property Conveyance Fee History