232 Palmer St., Wooster, Ohio
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The large 2-story wood frame house located at 232 Palmer St. in Wooster, Ohio, on the southwest corner of Rebecca and Palmer streets, was built in 1910 by what was reported in local newspapers as the "Italian Lodge" but listed in the Wayne County Recorders deed records as The Society di Mutuo Soccorso Uniono E. Fratellanza (the Society of Mutual Aid Union of East Brotherhood). Andrew Massaro likely donated the north section of his lot 1540 to the organization. The building was originally intended to be used as an educational facility for the expanding immigrant Italian population living in Wooster and for local meetings and speeches.
- September 03, 1910: "Italians Will Have a School", Wooster Daily News, p. 4.
Wayne County Recorder Property Transfers
- 1866: Theodore Cunningham To Sarah E. Bay, Joseph Bay Vol. 65 p.585 Old Lot No. 208 $350
- Sarah E. Bay, Joseph Bay To T.J. Bay Vol. 67 p.275 Old Lot No. 208 $250
- 1868: T.J. Bay and wife Lucinda, Power of Attorney To George Brauneck Vol. 71 p.379
- George Brauneck, deceased To Ernestine Brauneck Transfer by Will
- 1893: Ernestine Brauneck To Andrew Massaro Vol. 124 p.417 Old Lot No. 208 (after 1870 renumbering) Lot 1540 $250
- 1910: Andrew Massaro To The Society di Mutuo Soccorso Uniono E. Fratellanza Vol. 161 p.632