Congress, Ohio

From Wayne County (OH) Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Historical Information

Originally called Waynesburg, it was surveyed by Peter Emery, and laid out by Philip Gates and David Newcomer on March 6, 1827. The plat and certificate are recorded March 27, 1827.[1]

References

  1. Douglass, Ben. History of Wayne County, Ohio. Indianapolis: Robert Douglass Publisher, 1878. pg. 814.